HCF - Legal Cannabis Community Resource - Contact - Instagram: @HumboldtCannabisFarmers

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to our new website, HumboldtCannabisFarmers.com

#1 2018-02-26 20:28:32

WillowCreekTerps

Dont use Eagle 20!

Just wanted to inform everyone never to use Eagle 20, this stuff is totally disgusting!
It might help your plant with powder mildew but investing in a greenhouse with a good dehumidifier is a better idea!
I heard a rumor that when smoked it turns into cyanide and can poison you!

#2 2018-02-27 23:16:45

oldgrowthcannabis
Administrator
Instagram YouTube

Re: Dont use Eagle 20!

Yes, i can confirm this stuff is bad news.

I. The human health effects from the combustion and inhalation of myclobutanil have not been evaluated
Tolerance levels and toxicity studies for myclobutanil on edible products should not be used for evaluating the safety of myclobutanil on marijuana.  Passage of pesticides into the bloodstream varies considerably between inhalation and ingestion routes of exposure, and the application of high temperature is known to alter the chemical composition of myclobutanil.  Unfortunately, very little information is available to evaluate myclobutanil in the context of tobacco use, as Eagle 20 and myclobutanil-based fungicides are not approved for use on tobacco plants in the United States (6,7).  Myclobutanil is approved for use on tobacco cultivated in China, however, and a 2012 study has demonstrated that 10% or more of the active pesticide remains on tobacco leaves up to 21 days after treatment, with residue present from 0.85 parts per million (ppm) up to 3.27 ppm (8).  Using tobacco as a model for pesticide retention, it is probable a considerable amount of myclobutanil may remain present in cannabis weeks after fungicide application.

II. Inhalation of pyrolized myclobutanil residue could expose cannabis users to hydrogen cyanide
As noted on the Eagle 20 material safety data sheet(3), myclobutanil is stable at room temperature, but releases highly toxic gas if heated past its boiling point of 205°C (401°F) (3, 9).  Disposable butane lighters, commonly used to ignite marijuana during consumption, produce temperatures in excess of 450°C.

To answer your question WillowCreekTerps, yes it is hydrogen cyanide when smoked.

Old Growth Farms - Premium Sun grown Cannabis from Humboldt County.

#3 2018-02-27 23:20:13

oldgrowthcannabis
Administrator
Instagram YouTube

Here is a picture just so everyone know what this stuff looks like:
eagle20.jpg

Old Growth Farms - Premium Sun grown Cannabis from Humboldt County.

#4 2018-02-28 01:28:01

HumGypsie707

Wow thanks for putting together all the information ^^

This stuff is shit!
I had to trim some indoor that was sprayed with eagle 20.
It gave my arms and hands a rash.
I told that dude NO WAY i am ever trimming that crap again!

#5 2018-03-01 19:55:46

HumboldtRidgeFarms

Smoking this stuff will kill you!

Board footer

Humboldt Cannabis Farmers