HCF - Legal Cannabis Community Resource - Contact - Instagram: @HumboldtCannabisFarmers

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to our new website, HumboldtCannabisFarmers.com

#1 2018-02-26 20:11:30

WillowCreekTerps

Too many hydroponics stores in Humboldt.

I think it has to be said that there is way too many hydroponic stores in Humboldt.
Does everyone really think there will be a need for this many stores in the future?
What are the first hydro stores that are going to fail be?
Will it even matter?

Thanks, leave some reply's below.

cool  big_smile

#2 2018-02-26 22:24:19

oldgrowthcannabis
Administrator
Instagram YouTube

Re: Too many hydroponics stores in Humboldt.

I would have to agree with you.

I am not sure what hydro stores will close first. Probably the smaller ones.
I know NHS in Fortuna just moved stores and merged with Fortuna Feed. I think Fortuna feed went under because of tractor supply moving in so close. However maybe NHS is shifting away from hydro and into general farm/garden because they know there will be less growers.

Also Dazeys in Redway is putting up a huge steel building next to Dean Creek.

In the end maybe it will just be a shift of business.
Its defiantly not going to be like the old days of hydro stores cashing in on new gear and liquid nutrients.

Old Growth Farms - Premium Sun grown Cannabis from Humboldt County.

#3 2018-02-27 02:07:28

HumboldtGrower

I would assume a lot of the stores that relied on indoor growers will be the first to go under.
The really big stores you would think already made so much money that they have to have enough to survive on.

#4 2018-02-27 07:55:49

MyersflatGrower

A well liked & well known owner of a hydro store in so hum just died. I think it could signal the beginning of the end of their business. Not sure what the statistics are but last i checked there was almost 40 hydro stores in Humboldt County.

I hear once you have a business license you can just order wholesale from the manufacturer. Wouldn't this make going to the hydro store obsolete.

Myers Flat is Where its At........ Yea. We keep hearing that..

#5 2018-02-28 01:22:23

HumGypsie707

I would give it about 2-3 years, in that amount of time it will be clear who is going out of business.

Lets face it commercial company's will not buy there large orders of nutrients from a retail outlet.

Board footer

Humboldt Cannabis Farmers